Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Restoration of 1938 LINCOLN MODEL K TOURING CABRIOLET (1:18 SIGNATURE)

I got this 1938 LINCOLN MODEL K TOURING CABRIOLET today, but it is in a horrible shape. Lots of parts are missing, so have decided to restore it properly. I will repaint it (haven't decided the color yet) and make it look like the original thing again.

For now, here are the initial pictures.







As you can see, lots of parts are missing, however they can be made from other parts. So the first thing that I have done is stripped the car. The front fender was broken before, so removed it again.


The color is removed completely and it's got a rolling chassis. All cleaned up and tested by my mechanics. :-)




All the broken parts are fixed, rear door is under construction.


I tried to fit everything in place and it came up nice. The missing rear door is almost done.


After the initial paint and assembly. Some bits left






No comments:

Post a Comment